Friday 10 December 2010

Miscellaneous Friday Post

Should I blog about Let The Right One In here --or elsewhere? Meanwhile, I've learned a few more things about filming this week, especially the role of producer and paperwork.

Last night's core lecture, a screening of the original Swedish version of Let the Right One In, throws up an interesting dilemma. Do I discuss it here? This is -after all-- a blog about film-making. But it was a core lecture, and I'm keeping a journal so I'll do that.

But here's a link to the trailer:


Meanwhile, I've learned a few more things about filming this week.

One of them is that the next time I fill in a PasC (Project as Completed) form, I need to do it on my own machine, rather than one of the uni ones. It's a summary that takes about half an hour to an hour to complete, with lots of detailed information. It's mandatory for completion. And I lost the damned thing, through saving it into the editing suite in error.

On the subject of paperwork which I'm now starting to link inextricably with film-making, the last couple of weeks have taught me a lot about the role of producer, about how hard it is to complete (seemingly-)tedious documentation when the cast and crew are in full creative flow. No wonder the great studio bosses were all complete bastards. But it's hard to say, "Hold on, let me tick this one off the list before you go onto the next shot."

Another learning was that we need to allow more time next time for each scene. And to road-test the next film as a screening.

Next time, I'll finally move onto scripts.

No comments:

Post a Comment