Thursday 18 November 2010

Timekeeping

My first ever three-way blog post, covering a detailed analysis of my work patterns, including writing for publication, blogging & reviewing, reading...and my four university subjects.


This will be the first time that I've written a cross-blog post that covers all three blogs --my general one, my specifically SF blog, and this one- but since the exercise that it relates to covers all my activities as a writer, and a creative writing student, it's particularly appropriate. There won't be many occasions though, when my SF blog and this one will overlap.


I've often quoted the hours that I work in broad approximations, but starting on the 1st of November, I started to keep detailed records covering writing (for publication), blogging, reading and 'other,' (ie everything that doesn't fit in those boxes) and of course, my four uni subjects. I've been as honest as I can be, since it's really for my own records.


I'll post up the results at the end of the month when I've correlated them all, but the interim results at the mid-month mark are surprising...perhaps even shocking. But you're just gonna have to wait, aren't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment