Tuesday 3 May 2011

Back to The Grind

As I've noted in my main blog, it's back to work this morning, starting with Making A Film

As I've noted in my main blog, it's back to work this morning, starting with -what else?- Making a Film.

I knew it had been a while, but it's actually been over three weeks since I posted a Film Mumbling Blog entry. Next week is the last one, and I'd hoped that by leaving it for a little while that I could show the final version of Heads or Tails, but alas, twas not to be. (I'm guessing Mike is still knee deep in evaluating and marking them).

One interesting thing that cropped up over the Easter holidays was the screening of the distinctly atypical Midsommer Murder story about the brides in the bath called 'Echoes of the Dead.' Written by Sapphire & Steel creator, and more lately Torchwood writer Peter J. Hammond, it had his usual macabre sense of humour, prefectly typified by musician Celia Sheen on the theremin, which plays the wierd theme.

What was unusual about the episode was the way the camera panned from scene to scene. I'm still trying to work out why they might have done that. I'm assuming that it was to build a sense of continuity, but the effect was to slow the pace of the story. Contrast that with the pace of say, Doctor Who, and the world seems to be splitting into two camps.

I fear that I'm in danger of becoming even more obsessive about watching tv programmes....

No comments:

Post a Comment