Monday 21 March 2011

Casting

Introducing the male and female leads of Heads or Tails:

I've just realized that I never made good my promise (or was that a threat?) to introduce the cast of Heads or Tails. To avoid overwhelming you with new faces and names, I've kept it to the male and female leads. However, I'm awaiting b & w shots from them, so for the moment it's text only -- but as soon as I can, I'll update the blog post to show pictures.

First off, Ben Fuzi plays Ben, the main protagonist's boyfriend. Ben played a solo choir boy in a promo for BBC's Last Choir Standing, and is also interested in producing and directing his own work.




Sophie Pearce plays Hannah, the main protagonist. Sophie has appeared in the Phoenix Theatre's productions of both Guys n Dolls and The Tempest, as well as the intriguingly titled Cinderella's Interstellar Adventure, and has also performed as part of the Edinburgh Fringe. What was very noticeable was how much more accomplished they were as third year actors, versus the first years that we cast in Doorways. It just goes to show how much actors can develop in just two years of regular performing. In fact, Sophie managed the remarkable achievement of appearing in 3 of the 4 films, including two filmed the same weekend -- just how she managed that is unclear.

No comments:

Post a Comment