Tuesday 11 January 2011

Re-visiting The Comfort Zone

Back to uni yesterday, and straight into workshopping our scripts, which was both a pleasurable and unsettling experience. Pleasurable because I'm in the comfort zone. Unsettling, because...I'm in the comfort zone. And that's something I've never experienced before in MAF.

So yesterday it was back to Bath Spa for the start of a new term. And of course, since we start on a Monday at 9am that means...Making A Film! We briought along our draft scripts, which we'd worked on over the Christmas break, and workshopped them.

It was both a pleasurable and unsettling experience. Pleasurable because for the first time in Making A Film I was in familiar territory. Which was in itself such a rare experience as make it unsettling in itself. (Typical writer, you mutter. Never happy...)

But I'm under no illusion; although it was an entirely comfortable experience it doesn't mean my script is any better than anyone else's. It's just a case that I've made my mistakes already, and while watching the example films provided by John August may have helped me tighten it up, it's no better than say, the raw but more original scripts some of my classmates brought along.

But for the time being, I'm going to enjoy a week back in the comfort zone

No comments:

Post a Comment